ss_blog_claim=3096d99390d33b7d275c6932108beb51 ss_blog_claim=3096d99390d33b7d275c6932108beb51

Saturday, April 18, 2009

"The Woman Who Shut Up Simon Cowell"

I was chatting with one of my colleagues when he mentioned that he saw this news on the Yahoo home page about a certain woman named SUSAN BOYLE. I never heard this woman's name before so he gave me a link to watch. It was in youtube. When she first entered the scene, she was really funny. She made funny faces and comments that also made the audience laugh. When she was asked by Simon Cowell what she wanted to be, she said she wanted to be a professional singer but she just didn't have the chance to do it. People were really laughing hard at this dream. But, when she sang, my God! That was the only thing that I was able to mutter to myself. I was shocked. I was in awe. She was darn good! I am a big fan of shows like this. Finding someone who people think is just a commoner but has great potential inside of them.

So just to give you a preview, Susan Boyle is a 47-year old single woman. She is the youngest of 9 children and she used to sing in church only. But before her mother died, she was told that she must take the risk and sing for a bigger audience than the church. Since this was her late mother's wish, she auditioned on Britain's Got Talent, it's like American Idol (only more shocking when it comes to talented contestants!). She's a really funny lady if you're going to watch the video. But you just wait once she sings! I'm not going to tell you guys what song she sang, find it out for yourself and be amazed too. By the way, she was branded "The Woman Who Shut Up Simon Cowell" that's why I named the blog after that. News also reported that Simon Cowell will be setting up a contract with Susan Boyle with his Syco Music company label, a subsidiary of Sony Music. Below is her picture after the audition.




Since the owner of the uploaded video disabled the embedding so I can post it to my blog site, just click on the link so you can watch it: Susan Boyle: Britain's Got Talent.

I would also like to quote one of her messages to the public when she was interviewed by the Washington Post. I was really moved by her words: "Modern society is too quick to judge people on their appearances. ... There is not much you can do about it; it is the way they think; it is the way they are. But maybe this could teach them a lesson, or set an example."

There you go guys. Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. I watched the video clip and I was stunned by her performance.

    ReplyDelete